We are seeking to recruit an additional member to join our small IT and Systems administration team providing on-site technical support to a growing business.
About the role
Working as part of our helpdesk, the successful candidate will be involved in a variety of different activities including the creation and maintenance of ERP products, providing both hardware and software in-house support to users and working on development projects.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who shows a passion for IT, who can demonstrate solid technical skills and wants to develop and learn.
As a IT and Systems Administrator your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Creation and administration of ERP product master data.
- Troubleshooting of IT hardware related problems, PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, mobile phones, CCTV, handheld scanners, etc.
- Resolving IT related software problems, including, Office365, SAP and a variety of inhouse applications.
- Assisting the team with new IT projects across the business.
- Involvement in the maintenance of existing IT infrastructure.
- Take ownership of user reported issues and escalate when required.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries.
- A high standard of school/college education including Maths, English and IT.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- SAP knowledge would be an advantage although full inhouse training will be given.
- Previous IT experience.
- Windows 10/11 competence.
- Office 365 competence.
- Be self-motivated, who works equally as well as an individual or as part of a team.
- Good analytical skills.
- Be accurate and demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Be customer focused
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Deal with confidential data.
- Competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Access to employee discount and wellbeing platform
- Career development opportunity
- In house training
- Sickness pay (from nine months service)
- Long service award
- Employee referral scheme
- Death in Service benefit – optional, linked to pension
Hours of work: Monday to Friday from 8.30am until 17.00pm with 1hr break, 37.5 per week.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this role, please email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 05/12/2022